Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send email to multiple people

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgerlitz

Technical User
Oct 2, 2004
US
I want to have the ability to send email to multiple people. I have searched the past posts but do not know enough about code to modify what I have found to meet my needs.

I have a checkbox field "EmailList"
I have a second field named "ContactEmail"

I want to click on a button that will allow me to send all the email addresses in all of the "ContactEmail" fields for the records that have a check in the "EmailList" field.

It would be additional great if I can have this code automatically put the text "Current Situations" in the subject portion of the email.

This is the code I have for sending email to each individual record. Have no idea how to modify it to do what I am talking about above.

Private Sub email_Click()
DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me![ContactEmail]
End Sub

Thanks for your help

I just thought about another twist. I need the email addresses to be placed into the bcc: portion of the email. Thanks again

When in your code place the cursor inside the SendObject word and press the F1 key.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I looked at the F1 help for SendObject and think I have a handle on the bcc: part. Unfortunetly--the rest of it was complete giberish to me on how to do the rest of my goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back