Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Email Automatically when date is reached...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddbrook

Programmer
Aug 19, 2002
US
I need Access 97 to send an email automatically when the current date Date() reaches the date entered field in the form. I have the SendObject code, but now I need the code that gets the date to trigger the sendobject.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
ddbrook

Email Notification Month End
thread181-377804

VBslammer (Programmer) Oct 10, 2002
Unless you have some kind of scheduler on your server to automate your database you'll just have to use an event such as a startup-form Load() event to check the date and launch the procedure.

I use a technique with my imports where I track all imports in a table that includes:

Date
Time
User
FileName
RecordsAffected
Success
etc.

Each time an import is performed (programmatically) the import table is updated to reflect the import, at which time the source file is renamed as a .bak file so it doesn't get imported twice.

You could use something similar so when the database opens, you check the 'emails' table to see if the last entry was 30 or more days ago. If so send a new email and update the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back