Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send email & print users reply only - Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotobi

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
HK
Hey

We need a function in outlook that prints out an email aitomatically when it is sent. However, in the case of replying to an email, only the users actual reply should be printed, even though the previous replies (the email conversation) is included in the email message.

I'm not really looking to program this myself as it is not my area at all and wouldn't know where to start, but more so does anyone know of an application, macro or outlook add-In that exists to do this? Or would anyone like to take this on as a job and quote for it?

I found an Oulook Add-In called "Print Tools" (see: which comes close, but not quite. It prints and email when it is sent, but the whole email, everything included. We could put up with but it only includes the senders name and subject, but no date/time or 'to' address in the printout.

The reason this function is needed is that the client in question is a solicitors/lawers firm and they need to file each part of an email conversation as it happens in a hard copy file. Yes, they could copy and paste into word and print, but they need this to be quick and efficient.

They actually want to be able to print the replies of recieved emails too. I just thought I'd deal with sent items 1st :)

Thanks

keV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back