Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send data from form in email

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekwit

Technical User
May 19, 2001
I have a site that is currently hosted on Yahoo and they do not support cgi or coldfusion. I am lookinf for a simple way to take data from a form and send it via email. Any suggestions. Here is a link to the form

Thanks in advance for the help

Unless you just use a Mailto link, you will need to move to a host that has some form of server side support.

Steam Engine Prints

johnwm is right anything but the mailto link requires some kind of server-side language to support it.

If you choose to use the mailto link, bear in mind that it makes use of the client's installed mail application. and if they don't have one or its not configured, the email does not get sent.

A johnwm said you might want to find a host that supports something. PHP, ASP, Coldfusion, anything at all.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

> ARRRRRRRRRR

Suggest you read the referred page carefully - the form action is an ASP page, so you are relying totally on server side scripting.

Steam Engine Prints

sorry, i am no expert, but that has worked for me and involved no other programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back