Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Config.cfg file from earlier version to IP Office SE 11.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craft01

Technical User
Aug 25, 2013
TN
Hi There,

I have an IP OFFICE 406 V2 running 4.2, is it possible to save the configuration (File/Save Configuration As) then send (File/Offline/Send Conf)it to a new IP Office R11.1?

Your thoughts appreciated, and thanks in advance.

You could , but I wouldn't advise it. You would be better off exporting everything you can and import it into the new IPO. Too many field changes between those versions.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Hi

From File> Import/Export> Export..., Settings are exported Binary Files or CSV Text Files.

I can see that CSV File Formats allow to experot only Configuration, User, Directory , Group ,Short Code , License. But Bianry Formats seems exporting everything. So do you suggest Export as Binary Format no CSV? and according to your experience, no problem of expote from 4.2 to 11.1 ??

Thanks.

I would do it with CSV. Binary would pose the same problems with the fields not matching up. Even the CSV may not be properly formatted. I would hope that when you try to import if R11 didn't like them it wouldn't recognize them for import.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks for the reply, I will try .CSV and BINARY.

HI
I just tested the two ways, they lead to the same results, So I deduce the following:

.CSV is for those who want to edit BIG configuration, especially the list of users, ShortCode, Directory, HuntGroup.

Binary is to move same conf from system A to system B. a backup/restore way.

Your input is valued!
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back