Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Clicks to Embedded exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooterBrown

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2001
US
I have a presentation (I beleived compiled in Adobe Director - not done in house) and some users want to play this presentation during their trade shows in a loop. However, at the end of the presentation, a window appears with a button that is captioned "Click to Quit". I can loop the presentation while embedded in an ole object or shell command, but is there a way to send a click to the presentation so that the presentation will die and the loop can move forward?

If shelled, you will need the handle to the window (FindWindow will work). From there you will need to enumchildwindows looking for the dialog box. Use Spy++ to get the details you are looking for. After that, use SendMessage with I believe the WM_LBUTTONDOWN/WM_LBUTTONUP messages to send the click to the button (Window).

Also, using your friends (yahoo, google, ask, answers, bing) to search for vb6 and the api name will return some useful examples.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back