Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send As issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2004
US
Hi all,

In my SBS 2003 environment, I have been trying to setup the Send As feature on one user. Initially, I had enabled Send on Behalf of option userA who needs to send as for userB. Realizing that is not what I wanted, I turned off Send on Behalf of and enabled Send As instead from the Security tab of userB's mailbox for userA. Somehow when userA sends email out for userB, it would continue to send out email as on Behalf Of. I even tried applying Send As on a new user, and send on Behalf Of would be used instead. Any idea how I can approach this issue and get the Send As working? I am workin with Outlook 2007. Thanks much.

On the server, I go to the properties of the userA who WON'T be sending the mail, but whose mailbox will be used. I go to the Exchange General tab, and choose Delivery options. I then add userB to the Send on Behalf list.

Then I change the mail profile on userB's workstation so that it is able to open up the mailbox of userA.

Now when userB sends out an email, the sending account can be chosen from the dropdown, and I don't think it uses "Sent on behalf of..." when it sends.

If that still doesn't work, go into the Exchange Advanced tab for userA and set the Mailbox Rights. Add userB to the list and give Full Mailbox Access.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

ShackDaddy, userB has the Full Mailbox Access already. My focus here is for it NOT to use on Behalf of. However, you are saying I should add userB as the Send on Behalf (SoB) list under the Delivery Options of userA? If both Send as and Send on Behalf are granted, doesn't SoB takes precedence?

You can probably leave the Delivery options alone and remove the Behalf setting. Critical is that you have the Send As right, and that you open up "additional mailboxes" in the profile. Have you done that?

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

That is where I am lost ShackDadddy. The On Behalf is off and userB has Send As right on UserA's mailbox and open additional mailxbox is done. I can view userA's mailbox fine under userB's Outlook. It is just that it is always on On Behalf of when I go select userA from the Global Address Book into the From field. I tried this on userC for userA, and it still does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back