Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send As and Receive As permissions Denied to user. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKSysAdmin

Technical User
Mar 20, 2008
CA
In Exchange 2003 SP2 we have a User account who used to be an administrator before installation of Service Pack 2 for Exchange (and various hotfixes). Now we have removed the user from the administrator group and need to add them so that they can have full control permissions as well as send as permissions to another user account.

For the life of me I can't find where this person's user account is inheriting the Deny rights from ?

I've looked in AD and in the exchange management console.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

An Explicit allow overrides an inherited deny.

It's on the security of the org object

To se the security tab of the properties page set the showsecuritypage reg value to 1 on the client you run ESM from

If you changed group membership or permissions, You have to wait for AD replication of the changes. Even then, it can take up to 2 hours to apply because it's cached by DSAccess

Domain Admins get an inherited deny. In any event, and explicit allow overrides an inherited deny

Thanks for the tip xmsre!

I had completely forgotten about Delegation / Administrator roles in Exchange 2003...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back