Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send and receive not working with outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitron

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
I have a few users that are having an issue with send and receive and thier external mail accounts. It appears something is happening to mapi.

One user can't send or receive external mail or open attachments. If you try to open an attachment the system will lock until you kill mapi32.exe. Then the attachment will open but anything related to outlook including the attachment locks up.

This all started on July 7th. on several different platforms. Win2000, Win98SE, Win98ME.

Thanks for any help

Hi digitron --

Assuming (based on previous posts) that you are running in an Exchange 2000 environment, can you please identify the following :

(1) Which Outlook Service Pack version is installed? Is this standard for all users (both those with working email and those without)?

(2) Are any errors returned in the event logs on the affected machines?

(3) Assuming roaming profiles are available, are the affected users able to use Outlook without issue on other machines (ie is it a client / Exchange issue)?

(4) Have you run any threat detection / scans against the affected machines? If so, what were the results?

(5) By mapi32.exe are you referring to the mapisp32.exe process?

I'll check back later and help if I can. I'm no Exchange expert, but I dig around in Windows a lot [ponder].

TazUk

[pc] Blue-screening PCs since 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back