Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send a spool on as400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logisticmars

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
FR
Hi,

Please, can someone tell me how to send a spool as/400
on my personnal computer.

I'm using Typsoft Ftp Server to configure my pc as a serveur.

I tried the "SNDTCPSPLF" command, but it's not ok.

Thank's for your help...

If you are at V5R2, you can use Iseries Navigator.
Click on Basic Operation, then printer output and select your output. Drag the icon to windows explorer Your done!

What type of system are you sending the spool file to? Another as/400?
Do you need to send the print control characters with it?

RedMage1967
IBM Certifed - RPG IV Progammer

Hi,

I just want to put my spool from the 400 on my pc.

In fact, a friend tells me tha it is possible to do that whith the "SNDTCPSPLF" command.

Typsoft Ftp Server allows me to configure my pc as a server in order to use the "SNDTCPSPLF" command.

If you have an idea about this.....!

Thanks for your help

What happened when you used the SNDTCPSPLF command?
Did you get an error? What did it say?
Post the command you tried to use and any error message you received.

If have have configured your PC to be an FTP server and your AS/400 can see it, then the command should work.
The command should be issued on the AS/400, not the PC.

T. Bishop

Hi as400pro,

Here is the message displayed by the system :

Message . . . . : Cannot resolve host name XX.1.1.XXX.
Cause . . . . . : The host name XX.1.1.XXX is not recognized by the name
server.
Recovery . . . : Do one of the following:
-- Verify that the host name specified is a valid host name.
-- Add the Internet address of the host system to the local host table.

And here is the command i sended :
SNDTCPSPLF RMTSYS('XX.1.1.XXX') PRTQ(PRTXX) FILE(ETAT) JOB(000002/CHRIST/QPADEV0095) SPLNBR(253566)

Perhaps i must encode the ip adress of my personnal computer on the local host table ?

Thank's for your help.

The RMTSYS needs the IP address its connecting to (in quotes) or a name it can resolve. Try this first:
PING '192.168.1.1' (using your address or name). If it can't PING, you have the wrong address or name or network problems.

Adding to the host table can help, because then the system doesn't have to find a DNS server to convert the name to an IP address, but then your PC address must not change.

Hi arrow483,

My address is oK because the as400 can ping my pc.

I really don't understand why the SNDTCPSPLF command doesn't run correctly.

I'm looking for another solution, like IFS for exemple, to send a spool to a pc.

Of course, i can use the Operation Navigator possiblities, but i would like to make an option for users wich allow them to send spool on their pc without using OpsNav.

Logisticmars,

In looking at your command I think you swapped the job number and the spooled file number. Try it the other way around and see if that works.

HTH,
MdnghtPgmr

Why not create an output queue and associated remote writer on the AS400. Users can then just move their spooled files to the appropriate queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back