Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

send a report with mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosarve

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
SE
I want to send my reports as an attachment with mail to my fiends. How can I do that?

I have made a lot of nice reports with graphs, checkboxes and text. Now I want to send these reports to my friends. When I try to "publish It with MS words" only the text shows on the word-document, no graphs och checkboxes!!

Someone who knows how to do?

I also have Adobe Acrobat.

The problem: Send reports with mail!

Regards / Marcus fron Sweden bosarve@hotmail.com

Found this answer...... some minutes after I sent my question!

***************************************'

Install Acrobat and it should add the Adobe PDF Writer to your printer list. Open the report and select the PDF Writer as the PRinter and it works great.

I'm very interested in PDF and Access. I've been trying to use PDF as backgrounds for forms. I haven't found an ActiveX control that works, and pasting it bloats the database excessively (now at 240MB and expanding).

Let me know if you know anything about this.

Thanks

Scott Graham
grahamag@erols.com

Here is an easier way. One problem with this is that you must have snapshot viewer installed. It comes with Access 2k, but you have to download it for 97 or before. Once you have done this you can use the code below.
Code:
docmd.SendObject acSendReport, "reportName","Snapshot Format","TO","CC","BCC","Check out these reports","Check out these reports",false
Check the help files for all of the perameters. Do not change what I have put in the output format perameter though. This is what snapshot viewer was designed for. The other problem with this is that you can only attach one report at a time (as far as I know). There is another way to do this but it is significantly more difficult, that will allow you to to add more then one attachment. The hardest questions always have the easiest answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back