Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send a Message from the Client properties ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2002
US
I need to recover all the messages that I have sent to my users using the Send a Message option from my Novell Client.

Are the messages stored somewhere in the server ?
Thanks,

LCastle
SysAdmin

nope, they are just broadcast messages.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

Hey, I know this won't help you now.. But, GroupWise 6.5 has a cool package included with it called GroupWise Messenger.

It is essentially an instant messenger for corporate environemnts (They're not trying to compete with Yahoo)..

You setup the agent on one of your Novell servers, and can also set it up to use SSL encryption. Plus you can log everything.

The best thing about it, as opposed to using Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc.. is that your data stays within your own network. It doesn't go out in clear text over the Internet. And, if you have remote users that ARE out on the internet, the encryption takes care of that. So your communications are always secure.

I would recommend this for ANY company that uses instant messaging.. On the downside, it is a little underdeveloped and doesn't have all the features you're used to, but i imagine it will get better. Even with SP1, they've added quite a few features.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back