Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SEND A MAIL FROM AN ALIAS OR GROUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IANFG

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
GB
Hi, can anyone help me. I have been asked by one of my users that they want to send a mail from either one of their alias's or from a distribution group, we are running Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2002

Sending from an alternate personal alias (a secondary proxy address) is quite difficult.

Sending from a DL is possible - if the user has Send As rights on the DL (change that in Admin, properties of the DL, Permissions tab, and select the User role). Then the user will have to select the View From box in the create new message window, and put the DL name in the From box.

[Note that if the Permissions tab in the above step isn't visible for the DL, you need to alter the Admin, Tools, Options and tick the 'show permissions tab for all objects' option.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back