Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send a copy of arriving mails on another adress 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

llevaillant

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
FR
Hi,

I have a user who has his regular notes mail db which he uses on Domino Web Access. He has a Blackberry which has his own vodafone adress (we do not have blackberry server). How can I configure Notes so that it sends automatically a copy of all mails he receives to his blackberry adress (we want to keep it also on the notes mail db).

TIA
Laurence

You may be able to do it with a mail rule or a Agent

The user must create an Agent that does the job.
The agent type should be "After new mail has arrived", keep the default Simple Task and choose "Send Mail Message" in the dialog box.
That will alow the user to define the address to send to, and by clicking the option "include a copy..." the agent will be effectively forwarding the message that has just been recieved.

When saved, the agent will automatically be enabled. It will probably not run immediately though, a few minutes (tens of minutes) might be necessary for the server to get around to noticing it (an Admin would know more about that).
You will have to check that the user has the ability to run restricted agents on the server - else the agent will not run under the user's credentials. If the user cannot, you should resign the agent with the server's ID.

Pascal.

Thanks a lot Pascal, it works like a charm ! [2thumbsup]

Laurence

Have a star on me as well as this helps me out in a similar situation.

[pc]

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back