Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selling old system, anything I should do prior to dismantling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefletcher85

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2016
US
We recently join our parent company's VoIP setup. Im in charge of removing our old Nortel system. I was thinking about trying to sell off the system as a whole but was wondering if there is anything I should do first to remove our configs. Is there an easy way to factory reset the system? Below is a list of equipment we have. Basically I wanted to get rid of programming on the system (Auto Attendant, names on extensions, etc) and reset the CallPilot (remove all VM boxes, remove greetings, etc). It was a fully working system. I assume that there are some licenses in use for the system to work, can those be kept with it? Or is that not allowed? Sorry for any dumb questions. I was merely just in charge with 'keeping the lights on' with the Nortel system. As a side question, would it be worth the hasstle to resell this system? Or am I better off putting it in the dumpster. Maybe someone would but a rough street price on them items below?

Item Description
NT7B53FA-93
Norstar-PLUS Modular ICS NT7B53
NTBB20FB-93 Nortel 12x0 Fiber Trunk Module (NTBB20FB-93)
NTBB41FB-93 NTBB41FB93 0x16 Fiber Station Module
CallPilot 150/mini CallPilot 150/mini
T7316 Handset T7316
T7316E Handset T7316E
NT8B80AR-93 FastRAD Programming Interface

I dont have the counts yet on the handsets but I think we had about 60 in use.

Your items have some value. The question is how much time do you want to spend getting rid of the stuff?
If you can store it easily then you might try to sell.
The FAQ section may have tips on resetting.

For Callpilot do a REINSTALL, see "Setup & Operation" guide.

Phone system has no secrets.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ebay will quickly tell you the value. Some Nortel will sell and some is trash. Be careful not to fill your garage up with stuff that will not move. List it as a bid item and if no one bids then quickly get rid of it.

Just my opinion of course but we do lots of this.

Clint Polley

It can be like finding a 1943 Steel Penney. By saving it for 75 years your investment has gone up by 14X, if you can find a buyer. Yep, you heard me your .01¢ can earn you .14¢.

However, if you can find a 1943 Copper Penny you might have $85,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back