Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

selfadminister, abbreviated dial, autodial??

Status
Not open for further replies.

superjett

MIS
Jun 18, 2004
US
On our 3904 Meridian phones, many users (including myself) had soft buttons programmed as autodials for one-touch dialing to certain numbers.

I've been trying everything imaginable on the IPO, but can't find a solution that I'm 100% happy with.

I can set button 7 as selfadminister.1 so they can program buttons as AD and relabel as needed, but once I reboot the system the user rights template is reapplied and wipes out what they've done.

I could manually program each extension but that's not a very workable solution on either end.

What am I missing?

I used them for home and our other 2 plants' main numbers, not internal extensions. Most others do the same with the other 2 plants.

Then you need to either set them via Manager or give them Phone Manager with speedials being set in there :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Oops, forgot to mention they are 5410 phones and one 5420.

superjett, as I said even with 5410's/20's you will need to set the buttons via Manager or give them phone manager so they can just click their pc screen to call, or you are stuck with the speeddial and Directory buttons :)

Thanks for the info guys (and/or girls if that's the case), I'll just have to get people used to using the speed dials instead.

Change always upsets people because they can't do exactly what they did before.

You have to trade some features off in place of others with any system change, but in this case they have gained far more than they have lost :)

Related to this, so what do you guys typically program the buttons as? We're not a call center, and there is very little overlap between job functions (no hunt groups).

So far I have
1. call appearance
2. call appearance
3. twinning
4. directory
5. ??
6. ??

whatever they need. if they don't need the features then i wouldn't confuse things by putting keys on the handsets. I don't really use a template as such, it varies from client to client.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

I would personally go with 1,2 and 3 as call appearences. Reason being if you have someone on call/hold and then someone else calls you can then transfer the second call, you can't do that with only 2 appearences :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back