Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Self Study Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISdad

Technical User
May 5, 2004
I'm looking for a good computer based self study guide for vb.net. I'm a complete beginner so I would need something that starts from the ground up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The one that I used was AppDev (Application Developers Training Company and AppDev Products Company), it has Video, Labs, Project Code & eBooks.

Maybe this world is another planet’s Hell.
Aldous Huxley

eyes_015.gif___1129027102664
eyes_015.gif___1129027102664

What do you know about OOP?
What do you know about programming?
What do you want to do?

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

bigtimmin - Thanks. That's one of the sites I looked at.

chrissie1
What do you know about OOP? Little to nothing.

What do you know about programming? I have some limited experience in writing javascript and asp code for the web and also fairly extensive knowledge in writing SQL scripts and working with SQL Server databases.

What do you want to do? Learn asp.net web development using visual studio 2005. I will be taking the MS2310 course mid April but need to do some vb.net programming training on my own prior to that. I have the MS 90 day eval of Visual Studio 2005 in hand and need to make a decision on the vb.net training in the next day or two. My company is paying for the MS2310 class but I'm on my own for the vb.net so I am looking for something that's good quality but affordable.

Mastakilla - Thanks for the link. Looks like a lot of training resources at a great price.

I did notice though that the site says it hasn't been updated since 9/12/2005. I sent an email asking if this was accurate but I'm guessing it is since they still have Visual Studio 2005 listed as beta.

Still might be worth getting a 3 month subscription though.

So, the first thing you should do is read up on OOP its is the most difficult thing to grasp once you get that all the rest will be a walk in the park.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back