Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Self Site maintenance but not automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

marybailey

Programmer
Mar 14, 2002
US
Similar but not exactly the same as Tool for Automatic Update of Page - Opinions? thread.

I have a client who wants to make frequent changes to a few of her pages. She is not techno at all.

What I'd like to do is provide her with an html interface she could run on her PC while offline (I'm not married to the idea it has to be an html interface). After making her changes, an html program would be written by the html interface she used. I'd have her connect to her site, use a password to access the maintenance program (which would be html unseen on the site except by her), and the program would prompt her for what she wanted changed. I'd like the program to be able to upload the file from her PC, and then use it to write over the existing html file she wanted to update without her having to know ftp.

I know there is a way to do this with Access, and PHP (I've read an article on Webmonkey about it.) But I just wondered, since she doesnt want to keep the old stuff, if it was the only way to implement this.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Mrs B

I was trying to get information on the same topic - see the post for developing administration pages and the responses I received -- that may give you some ideas. If you are thing along the same lines, I hope its a decent starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back