Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SelectPrinter and PrintOut error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswebb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2005
US
Using Crytal Reports ActiveX Designer RunTime Library v11
VB6

I get an exception error when using selectprinter method followed by a call to PrintOut and using flag. Can others verify that this is an issue?

report.SelectPrinter "winspool", "printer", "LPT1:"
report.PrintOut False, 2, False

If I don't specify the collate flag, it will print with no error. If I don't call selectprinter, it will print with no error.

That's funny. We're finally moving to XI, and I just ran a test with the PrintOut method, and nothing happened at all.

So, that led me to this whitepaper:

I'm downloading the suggested hotfix right now. I'll post back once I've verified that it actually fixes the issue.

-dave

Well, it fixed my issue, but it doesn't appear to fix the issue you're having. It only seems to crash if the [collated] argument is set to false. I also tried it with the PrintOutEx method, and it still crashes.

Looks like a bug. They've yet to release any 'official' hofixes or service packs for XI, but I'm going through all of the 'Emergency Hot Fixes' on the BO site right now - and there are several.

-dave

Thanks for confirming this - driving me nuts.

Setting collate to false is preferable because it spools a multi-copy report as one print job - which makes a big speed difference when printing multi-copy sales receipts.

I'll report the bug also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back