Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selector code / Direct Ext Transfer question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillusingmerlin

Programmer
Jan 21, 2008
US
I've looked all over for this and can't find the answer. I'm pretty sure it can't be done, but thought if anyone knew it would be the people in this forum.

Merlin Legend R6 & MLM 007 with DID and 4 digit extensions. Two extensions have 0 in them, eg. ext. 5120.

They want callers to the main number who get the night AA menu to be able to "enter the 4 digit extension of the person you are trying to reach".

It seems it's just not possible to do a direct extension transfer for the extensions with a zero in them.

Am I correct?

No, you should be able to change selector code 5 to be a direct extension transfer. Only problem people just can't press 0 first.

Ok, thanks.

I was under the impression any digits in any position in the possible extensions had to have the selector codes set for direct ext. transfer. That did seem limiting, especially for a shop with a lot of phones.

I would chech the "maximum extension length" in the System Parameters section of the voice mail. It may be set to 3 digits, and when someone keys in 5120, the voice mail only sees 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back