Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selective Rerouting outbound IP Packets to our Webserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs139

ISP
Sep 25, 2002
US
Running C2600:
Is it possible and if so how I do I redirect outgoing ip traffic to our webserver? For example, Employee A wants to goto i would like to redirect the ip packet( with corrected dest address in packet) to our inhouse webserver ( to some default site) but if Employee B wants to go to aol.com, the packet is forwarded out onto the Internet. Is WCCP the place to start?

Thanks so much

Just a suggestion here, but maybe using two different dns servers would better solve this issue.

Assign one user with the regular outgoing dns server and the other user with the redirected dns server.

if you have static IP addressing then policy routing will work. IF not you run the risk of having the address change, at which point it would no longer apply to the policy. To configure policy routing, with emp. A (the one to be redirected) at the address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 and the webserver at 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0 use the following commands. I am assuming that the traffic from emp. A will be coming into the Ethernet0/0 interface and that the webserver is off of the Ethernet0/1 interface.

route-map redirect_to_webserver permit 10
match ip address 101
set ip next-hop 10.10.10.10
exit
route-map redirect_to_webserver permit 20
exit
access-list 101 permit tcp host 10.1.1.1 any eq 80
int e0/0
ip policy route-map redirect_to_webserver

I am not 100 percent on the configs.. If you test it and it does not work, drop me a line and i will see what i can do...

Erik Rudnick, CCIE No. 9545
mailto:erik@kuriosity.com

I have two web sites with same content. One local to my network and one external. I want requests originating from my network to be redirected to the local site. I tried the approach outlined here but it doesnt seem to work. This is how i configured the router...

access-list 110 permit tcp any host 64.66.180.22 eq www
route-map Redirect permit 10
match ip address 110
set ip next-hop 212.88.98.164
int e0
IP policy route-map Redirect

When i do show access-lists, 110 shows that there is a match but redirection does not work.

Any pointers?

- could be wrong but:
I think in order to redirect your http traffic you will need to work DNS into this picture; the packet's destination IP is going to be where DNS told it to go. You can reroute the traffic packets themselves, but you will not be changing the destination IP of the packet & so the machine you redirect to is not going to respond as the pack it not intended for it. There will be no connection, just misrouted packets.

JoeP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back