Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection listing on report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake1

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
I have created a report and would like to print out the selection "criteria". I am using a formula with "selection" but when I print out "selection" I only get the first 128 or so characters.
For instance I would like to have the following selection criteria listed for a report :
up to 8 different priorities (descriptions)
date range
vehicle numbers (up to 20 - Veh 901, Veh 902, etc..)
response zone (description)

I am trying to use a sub-report to list the selection criteria but haven't been able to get it to do what I want. I thought I could create the sub-report and have it list the "unique" priorities, date range, vehicle number, response zone of the primary report.

I believe you have fond a bug in crystal 8.5 here. I tested this and I am getting the exact same thing.

You can write a formula rather than a subreport to do this, but in crystal 8.5 you will still be limited to 255 characters. Here is an example:

"This report covers "+Minimum(totext({?DateRange}))+" to "+maximum(totext({?DateRange))) and Product Codes "+Join({?ProductCode})

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Are you saying you are limited to 128 characters when adding the "Special Field" "Record Selection Formula" directly to the report canvas?

If you are using parameters, you could write separate formulas to display the selections for each parameter, which would give you a little more flexibility.

-LB

I have done something similar using 8.5 with other reports by inserting a text box with descriptions of each parameter followed by inserting the selection parameter criteria into the textbox beside the description. By doing it this way, you're not limited to the number of characters and don't have to program multiple formulas.

Just a thought.

lbass-

Yes, I tested this and the special field Record Selection Formula only displays 128 characters.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back