Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

edove

Programmer
Nov 5, 2001
GB
I am reporting off of a Lotus Notes database.
I am opening a report from within Notes, using Print API calls. Does anyone know where I can find out how to add a selection formula, so that I only open the report based on the invoice selected in a view?

Create a parameter field called invoice. In the record selection formula, put in syntax like the following:

{invoice}={?invoice}

This should return only those records that match the input that the user is prompted for. You can also make a parameter field a range parameter or a multi-value parameter.

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
Cell/VM: 714-348-0964

We have crystal reports reporting on a Notes Db, and the way we allow selection is

1. Design you crystal report and add parameters to your report.
2. Design a notes form that looks at the view of invoice numbers and allows you to select the one you wish to report on. (we do this using a dialob box with-in an agent)
3. Then pass that selection in a URL using script.

URL= " + doc.Server(0) + "/" + doc.ReportName(0) + "?User0=" + doc.UserName(0) + "&Password0=" + doc.Password(0)
URL = URL + "&Prompt0=Date(" + Right$(Str(doc.Start(0)),4) + "," + Mid$(Str(doc.Start(0)), 4, 2) + "," + Left$(Str(doc.Start(0)),2) + ")"
Call workspace.URLOpen(URL)

You need to remember that Crystal will read in the whole view so try and limit the number of docs in the view.
E.G. have a view on : Invoices 1 - 1000, than a view on 1001 - 2000 and so, then base you report upon that view.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back