Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection Formula Editor at Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

KowCiller

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hello all!

I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to be able to pop up the Record Selection Formula Editor window at runtime through VB code. From there, the user should be able to create a selection formula normally through the GUI, and then when they are finished, I would like to be able to retrive their formula in a string.

How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

Aaron (KowCiller)

You want to make the full formula editor (3 panes and all) available to the users at runtime? Don't think that is supported. If it is, I am pretty sure it would be a 'royalty required' function call, however I have never seen this.

You might be ablee to make the select expert available. I haven't tried it in a while, and I had trouble with it when I tried it, but I think it is in at least some versions. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken-

Thank you so much for your post. Perhaps I should have been more specific. At the point where I would like the editor to open, I already have the Report Designer control open. The users can already click the "Select Expert" button that is built into the control. From there, they can type in their formula, or they can click the "Show Formula" button, then from there it drops down and shows the "Formula Editor..." button. When they click that, the Record Selection Editor appears. (which is what i want)

I would like to be able to skip all that other clicking, and have the formula editor open, because my users aren't all that versed in the arts of selection formula syntax.

Does this shed any extra light on the situation? If at least is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks again for your post and consideration.

Aaron.

I don't know of a way, but there may be one. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back