Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection Criteria From an Excel Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLowrance

Programmer
May 11, 2004
US
CR: 8.5
ODBC: SQL Server

Is there a way to take a list of numbers (9 digit claim numbers) in an excel spreadsheet, copy and paste them into the selection criteria in CR? There are about a thousand records and I'm trying to avoid creating a table and joining it to my crystal report. I can paste them into the record selection criteria editor screen but of course the formatting is wrong i.e. the quotes and comma separating them are missing.
Any help is appreciated.

-LLL

You could create a separate Crystal Report using the spreadsheet as your datasource, where you insert a text box, and then add an open quote, the excel field, close quote, and comma. Place this in the detail section, and the report will generate the list. You can then export it to a text file, and copy and paste it into the selection area. The only potential problem is that I'm not sure you will be able to add more than 1000 elements to the selection array.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back