Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

selecting the record selector

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuzioner

Technical User
Dec 15, 2002
US
Hi,

How do I 'select' the record selector in the details section (or whatever is really selected)?

I have a form set up as a continuous form with all the records in the details section. In the header I have a tab control (with a subform on each page) that flips pages depending on the record selected in the details section.

What happens when I change records in the record selector is that if the tab page stays the same (i.e. the next record is of the same type as the previous) then the record selector stays selected (the selector on the left is black).

If the next record is of a different type, then the tab control switches pages and somehow the record selector loses focus. I never set focus.

How can I reselect the record selector so that I can continue to use the up and down arrors without having to reselect the selector part with a mouse?

Thanks!

Lou

If I understand what you are looking for I did something like this several years ago...so bear with my memory...

First you can "bookmark" the selected record in the recordset as a global and then when you return to that recordset use the bookmark to reestablish the active record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back