Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting Report Data Help Please?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince99

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2001
US
Is it possible to run a report on a form and return only data corresponding to the record I have open and not all the information in the form.

The form is based on a table:

What I want to do is be able to create a report based only on the open record (the record I am looking at) and nothing else....

Any Ideas?????

Thanks In Advanced

Hi vince,
The simplest way that comes to mind is to base the report off a query. Select all fields from the table which you wish to appear in the report, and in the "Criteria" line under the key field, type something like the following:

Forms![NameOfKeyFieldControlOnForm].Value

The down side of this solution is that then the report will only run when you have the form open, and a record selected, and otherwise it will provide a kind of nasty-looking prompt. But if that's not an issue, then this should work.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like a more complicated solution. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back