Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting objects in ListBox using VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerickD

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2002
LU
Hi All,

BASICLY:
I want to have an Item in a list box selected automaticly?

FULL:
I have 4 list boxes next to each other. (Left to right)
In the fisrt box you have 5 items, if you select one item, it brings up the relevant options in the second box,

If you select an item in the second box it brings up the relavent options in the third box.

and so on... untill you reach the a single item name in the fourth box. You can then see what :

1) What Project
2) Which site its at
3) Who is using the file
4) File name

What I want to do is have a search button that the user will enter the file name, and then the VBA will make the relavent selections in the 4 list boxes.

I have made a query that returns what should be selected in each list box.........

But I just need to know how you can select them automaticly.

Thanks alot...

You have a good Idea but I need more info on what you are trying to do.
Answer these questions:
1. Is each list box Hiarichal. Meaning that they are dependent on each other.

2. The search engine, can the use select an Item form a combobox to filter the data they need? Or do you just want them to type into a free text box?

If you are able to call me. Call me at 703-248-7842 and I can walk you through this. If not answer the questions and I can send you a sample DB I wrote that does what you are asking for.

Network Security( CCNA, CISSP)
Sell Shopping Cart/Merchant Account
Access Expert
rsmith@litsllc.com

Thanks for the offer shogun0803 but I am working in The Netherlands and do not think that my compnay would appreciate the phone call.....

But.

1) The list is Hiarichal.
2) They use a drop down box with pr-defined selection.

If you can send me the db at poopymail@popmail.com

I have 5mb of space so that should be fine...

Thanks
Alot,
DerickD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back