Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SELECT (Tablename) Causing Unrecognized Command Error??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazman72

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
GB
In my application, I issue the command SELECT TEMPPROD (temprod being a table created with CREATE TABLE..). On my machine I get no problems whatsoever. When installed to ny customers machine, I get an Unrecognized Command..error when trying to select this table.

Any ideas?? The customer is running Win 2000 server and workstations.

Are you sure that table on your costumer computer exists? And have correct path?

dazman72

Normally when you want to select a table, it has to be in use first. Try:
USE TEMPPROD shared again in 0
SELECT TEMPPROD
Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Check that you haven't got some spurious character that's crept in somewehere after the SELECT TEMPPROD command but on the smae line. ie 300 tabs and then something as this will be interpreted.

Neil "I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours..."

Mike

Wouldn't this give an 'unknown alias' type of message, not a 'command not recognised' message if the USE isn't working?

Neil "I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours..."

The table is definately open. As I say, I get no problems on my machine. It is just on my customers screen. It's as if Foxpro is tring to interpret this line as a SELECT-SQL statement rather than just selecting a work area. Very strange!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back