Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select random values from query column

Status
Not open for further replies.

willybgw

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US

You can select contiguous values from a table or query by clicking in a column, holding the shift key, then clicking in the same column (either up or down) - then you can right click and copy.

Is there a key or combination of keys that will let you chose non-contiguous items?

Thanks for your help.

willybgw

Thanks for the reply. When I hold down the ctrl key it doesn't select the record. I am using access 2000.

willybgw

Oh, sorry - I got confused there for a bit. I don't know of any way to select records like that. What is the purpose?

Bob Larson
FORMER Microsoft Access MVP (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
Free Tutorials/Samples/Tools:

The purpose is to allow the user to select account numbers of properties (from a select query of like properties) to use as comparibles (5) to a subject property. These selected acct nos. are then used as input to pull all fields necessary for the comparison calculations.

These numbers can be entered manually easily enough - I just thought if there was a way to do this it would be easier and more accurate.

willybgw

What about a multiselect listbox to select the values, or a listview with checkboxes?

Thanks for the suggestions and examples. But I really just wanted to know if there was any way to highlight and copy non-contiguous items from a given column.

willybgw

Rather than having the users click on the record to select it can you add an extra boolean field to the query so that users click on this new column and tick the records that they want. You can then write code to pick the records where Selected=True.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back