Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select only one checkbox, multiple rows, but with same name

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomdesign

Programmer
Apr 6, 2001
US
I am working on something that requires a choose one checkbox solution, but I need to implement it on multiple rows, the number of rows is unknow all depending on data from database, but the checkboxes need to have the same name on each row. So there is three grouped checkboxes, then 3 separate form elements after that, then next row with the same config, so each row has 6 elements(0,1,2 grouped, 3,4,5 after that) and the first three are grouped. Is there a way that this could be done? Any help you can give me i greatly appreciated.

you mean, you have :
---
(row 0) checkbox 1, checkbox 2, ..., checkbox 6
(row 1) checkbox 1, checkbox 2, ..., checkbox 6
(row n) checkbox 1, checkbox 2, ..., checkbox 6
---
all checkboxes in row0 have the same name
all checkboxes in row1 have the same name
do all chckboxes in row1 have the same name as those in row0 ???
do you want to check that one checkbox is checked for each line or one for all the page ???

If like iza what u said, then how can I generate the code? And If I only allow user click one checkbox each row(if user click on another one, then tick in current checkbox), what is the code like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back