Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select One or All in Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcman

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
I'm using Crystal X and I am trying to create the option ALL in my parameter. My parameter is 1,2,3,4,5 How do I select all of them without clicking on each one?

Right click on the parameter in the field explorer. Set "Allow Multiple Values" = True.

This should enable a double right arror >> on the parameter prompt. Clicking this arrow adds all of the values to the selected value list.

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Does this work in Crystal 10

I thought so....I have 11 now and it's there...let me see if I can find an install of 10 and check there

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Is your parameter a string or a number datatype? If it is a string, then add an option "All" to the picklist, choose "allow multiple values" and then go to report->selection formula->record and enter:

(
(
{?Parm} <> "All" and
{table.field} = {?Parm}
) or
{?Parm} = "All"
)

If it is a number, then add a value option 0 with a description field of "All" and then also add the other picklist options as description fields. Then choose "true" for "show description field only", and allow multiple values. Then set up your formula like this:

(
(
{?Parm} <> 0 and
{table.field} = {?Parm}
) or
{?Parm} = 0
)

-LB

Thanks lbass. "You The Man"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search