Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select Mailbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLawson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

Here's the scenario (on a MICS 5.0 with a NAM). I have one office with two M7208's. The DNs are 250 and 264. Both of them are assigned line 099. Forward no answer is set to 269 (VM). Currently, a caller coming in on line 099 is sent to VM after four rings but all of the messages go to 250. If I call the DNs directly, this is no problem - this only happens with calls coming in on line 099.

What I need to do is, when both employees are out of the office, have forward no answer go to a menu that will allow the caller to select either mailbox 250 or 264.

This isn't a problem throughout the rest of the company, because all of the other offices have one line assignment per DN and I can forward no answer to VM no problem.

This sounds like something AA can (and should) handle, but I'm not sure because I haven't used AA before. I don't want to start messing with it and have AA answering all calls after 4 rings because that'd throw everything out of whack.

If I'm thinking logically, I should be sending the forward no answer to the AA which would allow the caller to "press 1 to leave a message for Employee 1 or press 2 to leave a message for Employee 2." Of course, this is just an educated guess since I've never used AA before :)

What you can do is program line 099 to be answered by AA say for 4 rings then record your greeting which gives them the options you want. Then on those 2 sets make the fwd no answer set out to 6 rings then when a call comes in they will hear the AA before they hear the personal vm greeting.

To get to the greeting from your main menu in vm press AA

Press Grtg

Press Grtg again

Then enter the greeting number you want to record.

HOpe this helps
Thanks
Norstargirl M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back