Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select from BLOB field

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalempress

Programmer
Oct 16, 2003
US
I have a Blob field that I need to get the information out of. The front end is a freeform text area for agents to type in remarks. I need those remarks, How do I extract them from this blob field?

Could you be more specific about what you are trying to do?
BLOB fields can be selected in just the same way as any other, but problems often arise when trying to display them.
Delphi provides several ways for dealing with BLOB fields, you can use a TDBMemo to display them on screen, or you can use a TBlobField to save them to/load them from a file etc.

Steve

I am using Interbase Client (SQL) to access my data. The data is Entered in a Client base front end as a free form text. This information is then stored as a Blob on the TRAMS.GDB on the backend. I need to get these comments out of the Blob field and send the information along with other related info on a specific transaction to a third party that need the information for demographic of their customers. I do not use Delphi. Currently I am using SQL Server to DTS this information out and this is where I get stuck with the Blob Field called Remarks?

Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back