Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select Expert Not Showing Only Records In Field 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark929

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
When I use the drop down menu in select expert, all the record choices are not showing. This is only when it involves a large number of records. It may only display records A-F. This forces me to type in a large amount of records when using the "One Of" option. Is there somewhere in the settings that allows all record choices to be viewable? If not, is there another way to make these selections without manually typing in all the specific records that I want to include?

Thanks

Mark

What data source are you trying to access? Oracle? What version of CR are you using.
If you use CR SQL Designer, can you access the correct information? Such as records A to z?

If you want all records, don't place anything in the record select criteria.

If you truly need a very long list of choices, the best option is to query the database for the values and copy and paste. The next option might be to use the parameter field set default values browse table browse field, which would enable to you export a list to a file, or you might create a main report to acquire and pass these values to a subreport.

Instead of the Select Expert, try using Report->Edit Record Selection->Record.

This will allow you to build your own, with copy and paste available.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Thanks for your replies. I am using CR8 Pro, and I am connecting to an Oracle DB through ODBC. I can see the entire records list in SQL Designer. I eventally tried the copy & paste method, which worked. I was really just curious as to why CR limits the records to a certain amount. And, the number of records doesn't seem to be consistant. This morning I saw A-F, and A-L this afternoon. I thought it might be a limitation of the ODBC connnection, but the SQL Designer gave me all the records to select from.

Thanks again,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back