Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select Expert in Subreport and Main Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteKnight2K

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
CA
I was just wondering, does the Select Expert in the Main Report have any impact of the records that would be present in a subreport. If I have select records in the Main Report based on criteria in the Select Expert for the Main Report, does this have any bearing on the records that will be displayed in the Subreport (or are the Subreport records solely based on the Select Expert of the subreport, not the Select Expert of the Main Report)?

Hi WhiteKnight,

If you are linking your sub-report with matching fields, such as Customer.CustomerID in the main report and
Orders.CustomerID in the sub-report using the sub-report linking function and then create a select expert in the main report that looks like Customer.CustomerID<>1,
it will filter out that customer's orders in the sub-report.

To link the sub-report to the main report, right click on the sub-report and select 'Change Sub-Report Links'.

In order to do this, you must have matching ID fields in the datasets. Much like you do when performing a Join in T-SQL.

I Hope that Helps.

akabatman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back