Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select Data Source Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardMcJunkin

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
"Select Data Source Window" started popping up. Two tabs are "File Data Source" and "Machine Data Source". What can I do to solve this mystery? What program is this assocaited with? And finally, what did I do to activate this irritation?

Thank you,
Richard McJunkin

You have an application that needs an ODBC link that is no longer there. My Win98 is a little rusty, but if I remember well, they are in the control panel under Data Access or ODBC.

Unfortunatly, their are several types of ODBC connectors, such as Access, SQL for starts.

The File Data Source is the source of the data it is looking for (sounds a bit like MS Access actually) and the Machine Look Up is the name of the ODBC link.

Best thing would be to find a computer where the software is still working and look at the ODBCs installed on that computer. Then add them to the new one. Also, note them so it doesn't happen again. If this software can be insalled via a setup program, I suggest you do it that way, cause the setup software usually sets up it's ODBCs.

Good luck.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back