Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select and Insert with INNER JOIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honyo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
CA
Hi

I have now tried 25 different ways to do this but have finally given up. If anyone can help, then I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a Production SQL server (SQLD) in Denver
I have a Production SQL server (SQLV) in Vancouver
I have a new SQL server (SQLNew)also in Vancouver (different machine then SQLV)

All three these machine have a database called AVS.
AVS has 2 main tables in it (Transaction_Info and Trans_Feature_Info)

I Need to create a stored procedure that will run from the SQLNew server, go out to SQLD and pull the last hours records. These records will then be inserted into the SQLNew AVS table. I then need it to do the same for SQLV.
The sp must also take duplicates into account.

What I am looking for at the end of the day is a SQL server (SQLNew) that a current copy (within an hour) of all the information on the other 2 servers (SLQD and SQLV).

JamesLean helped with a basic Select and Insert but I need something more complicated.

Can anyone help here?

Regards
Honyo

Need more info on the point ... "The sp must also take duplicates into account. ". Are we looking for dupes just w/in the 1 hour set or are we looking for dupes that span the whole table?

Thanks

J. Kusch

I need to make sure that the files I copy (insert) will not create a duplicate record.

Regards
Honyo

Hi

I thought of replication but it is too bandwidth intensive?

Regards
Honyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back