Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

select all instances of one color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shokan

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
CA
I have an ai vectorized photo. I want to select all instances of one particular color and copy paste this to a new document. Someone suggested this:

1) Select one of the paths, maybe with the Direct Selection Tool, then

2) Select>Same>Fill Color to select them all, then

3) Then Ctrl/Cmd+C to copy, then

4) Ctrl/Cmd+F to place them at the same positions in the ne document.

But it doesn't work. Nothing happens at Step 2, just the original color path area is still selected. I know there are more fills elsewhere in the image with the same color.

I am a beginner.

I am using CS4 but I have v6 at home.

I am adding to my original post above. Someone just told me that each of the colors in the file are unique and that there are no repeats of any fill. This would explain why the Select > Same > Fill Color doesn't work. Can someone verify this using my ai attachment in original post?

Can't you confirm this yourself? Just look at the color panel for each area that you select. There's a distinct color.

Be sure to remove the BBC logo so that nobody knows that you are violating their copyright. [bigsmile]

Each of the fills is indeed unique.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back