Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seiman's Router Linksys RV042 VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomwe

Programmer
Oct 27, 2003
US
Hi, Thanks for the assistance.

I have attempted to set up the tunnel between the Static (corporate and the dynamic(client) sites and have had no luck.

Currently the Client Side has a Siemens 5940 Gateway. The VPN on this gateway seems not to work with clients with dynamic IP addresses. Since the Client will have a Static IP I need assistance getting through this gateway to the Linksys Rv042

I need the Siemens becase there is a t1 line coming into the building and the linksys will only take dsl (I already tried plugging it in)

Do you have any suggestions on how to pass all the way through the Siemens gateway to the linksys vpn router behind it.

I hope this diagram helps
------------------------------------
Client Dynamic
Linksys vpn -? DSL----? internet
Router Rv042
v
Basic Hubs
V
WorkStations 192.168.20.xxx
Peer to Peer no windows server

192.168.20.xxx
Digi Port Server
(used to printers
and Unix Terminals)

--------------------------------
Corporate: Company has about 5 static ip address that can be used.
Ip xx.xx.xx.xx (static)
Internet? T1 ? Siemens 1540 ? Ip out (192.168.0.1)
V
IP (192.168.1.1)
Linksys vpn Rv042 (could be static) xx.xx.xx.xx
V
(no win Server)
V
Basic Hubs
V
XP workstations Peer to Peer (192.168.1.xx)
V
Unix Server (192.168.1.XX)
-----------------------------

What I would like to do is route from the Linksys rv042 on the client side to the Linksys rv042 on the corporate.

Linksys again the Client will be dynamic Corporate has a few static ip’s. Is there a way with the Siemens. The Linksys Routers are set up to work with DSL not with T1, Linksys doesn’t have a T1 Line that is left to Cisco. So with out spending any more money on this project how can I use the Siemens Router to connect to the T1 and let the Linksys handle the Vpn, Firewall. Just using the Siemens

The client attempting to make a tunnel connection to the corporate linksys would send the connection and the response back from the linksys on the corporate side would send back a response to the client that was rejected because it was not from the address that the client had set to.

Again any help please

Jim Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back