Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seeking recommendations for CMS with Active Directory integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPettit

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2003
US
I'm looking for recommendations for a free or relatively inexpensive CMS that my company can use internally and that works with our existing Windows/Active Directory environment.

Drupal is free, but I have no experience with connecting it to Windows Active Directory. However, I know it has been at least mentioned, I've just not paid much attention to it.

Here is an article on the topic in case you want to get some information. It's from 2010, so not terribly old, but not absolutely the latest information. I think the plan/path discussed is based on Drupal 6 which is not the latest version. Drupal 7 is possibly best to use right now, and they are at least in the initial stages of designing/building Drupal 8 at this point.

Anwyway, give it a look if you like:

Otherwise, SharePoint is always a good choice, it seems, for enterprise setups, particularly if you want to integrate with existing Microsoft software - it's designed just for that. I have no idea on the costs, but I'm sure it aint cheap.

Drupal is free, but you have to know it or be ready to tackle the learning curve.. or pay a developer who already knows it.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

that my company can use internally
Are you sure you are looking for a Web CMS?
If not/not solely: what kind of content do you wish to manage and shall it have any other interfaces, e.g. with other applications such as XML editors or other?

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

Joomla 1.7 has LDAP authentication "natively" rather using an extension/plugin.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

As it turns out, my boss has decided on using something based on ASP.Net since that's the environment that he's comfortable with.

DotNetNuke seems to be the top contender, but are there any other recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back