Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seeking Help with a Solution for "Loading" Movie Clips - Confused :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerGirl7

Programmer
Apr 8, 2003
US
At the end of my timeline I have several buttons that all need to do the same thing: load a movie clip that contains an image.

If I wanted to load them as external swfs, that would be easy (I've done that before). What I want to do instead is load all my images at the same time when my movie loads. Then, when someone clicks on a button, the related movie clip simply appears on the stage and plays (the clip will be programmed to unload on click).

I've been futzing with this for a while with no luck. I thought I could just tell each button to load a movieclip (such as, "detail_1") using onload, but it seems that Flash always starts looking for an external SWF when I do this. Now I'm thinking I should maybe be using a container clip?

I need philosophical direction if nothing else!

These are the types of actionscripts I've been using:

myButton.onRelease=function(){
this.loadMovie(detail10, 1);
}

OR...

on (press) {
loadMovie ("detail10", 1);
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor