Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seeking database comparison tool with these 2 features

Status
Not open for further replies.

35mph

Vendor
Aug 22, 2004
US
I have downloaded the trial version of Red-Gate table and data comparison tools, but I don't see these 2 features:

1. Ability to (easily) select a range of tables to compare; i.e. those tables whose tablename contains "HR"

2. Ability to compare 2 tables within the SAME database; for example, GL20000 is almost exactly like GL30000, except for one column name... would like to (easily) compare the contents of the 2.

I suppose I could extract a couple of scripts, then use a select command to limit the comparison, but I'm looking for more robust database and table selection criteria.

Am I missing something obvious in Red-Gate, or would another tool suit better?

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback... I went to their website and it looks like "DATA COMPARE" is to be released in V7 in February...

I'm surprised by the few tools available that have data compare... Red-Gate does, but the others seem to only be offering it in new releases.

Are there others that do this (well) now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back