Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seeking advice and Issues to be aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmceuin

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2009
US
I can into my current position of which includes overseeing an Avaya Merlin Magix / Legend unit (they acquired in 2005) and need to retire it. Our corporate office put in a standard of the Avaya CM S8300d, a G430 gateway, all the extras so that Taske can communicate with it, and ability to support 20 analog faxes and 8 analog POT lines over broadband to act as a backup in case the PRI service (all last mile AT&T) goes down. AT&T locally has lower reliability than the local cable company so the backup plan works well. Adding we have to upgrade the network to POE the project call runs for $70K and we have 34 users with a max capacity of 50 desks. So finally got the OK to look at IP Office instead and would like to know anyone's experience with this system and what I lose by going this way. Long term, the corporate guys would like everything interconnected but for my facility, I have to be fully independant having 3 call center groups small as the teams may be they are crucial to our business model. I need to filter out the BS from the sales guys pitching the 8300 offering to know if a more reasonably sized and priced unit can be in used.

70k is a lot.
For that price you can buy a couple of IPO's.
Look for ip500, 5 phones, ccr or xima chronicall (better than ccr) for the call center.
Where are you located?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back