Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

seeking 19th-century fonts (American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

studio1

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
US
For a project on the culture of early to mid-19th-century New England (focusing on spirituals, quilts), I'm in search of fonts (in all categories--serif, non-serif, calligraphic) that replicate or adapt typefaces of the period. I'd like to convey a sense of the time period in the title font.

What kind of fonts would fit the picture? Where can I find them? Where should I look?

Thanks a lot!

There are lots of places to buy fonts such as:

It's a little harder to find free fonts but there are some out there. Are you looking for Mac or Windows fonts?

Doug

Thanks, but I'm looking for a site that will give me an idea of what kind of fonts were used in early to mid-19th-century New England. Especially decorative or title fonts. And what I'd like to do is to find current fonts that will convey a sense of that time period.

So this question is not about where to buy fonts.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back