Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seek a port 80 intercept client to redir to proxy +win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolness

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
US
Guys:

I have a client that is hell-bent on buying and deploying some very badly written software in the corporate LAN. This software is not a web browser, but does make direct calls on port 80 to a predefined web. There is not proxy "awareness" in this application and the access port number cannot even be changed away from port 80.

Our corporate network does not allow port 80 direct access to the Internet. A proxy server on port 8080 will handle the request if I can just get the call to the NetCache proxy.

Does anyone know of a client that could be loaded directly onto a windows 2K machine that would intercept all port 80 requests in the stack and forward them to our NetCache proxy on port 8080?

I am aware of using squid to do transparent proxying for the whole network, but I am after a client based solution so I do not need to deploy this for all users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back