Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

See who's logged on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2001
US
I found out about this freeware which allows you to see show is logged onto a pc or server. Go to
and under Windows NT/2K/XP click on utilities. There is a suite of pstools called PsTool v1.6. You have the option of downloading the entire suite or just the options you want. PsLoggedOn is the utility that will tell you who is logged on. VERY NICE for a freebie. Enjoy.

[pipe] Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

[americanflag]

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist and mathematician.

Nice indeed!
Thanx again Glen!

looka

Nice command line tool. You can also right click on my computer and select manage. Under system tools select shared folders and then sessions. This will give you the same info using a GUI.

I don't think manage will give you the same info. That will only give you who's logged onto shared folders and open shares. That's one of the drawbacks of the manage tool. Glen A. Johnson
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

[americanflag]

"Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up."
Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936); English writer.

The shared folders area under computer management lets you look at three different areas. Shares shows you the available shares on a pc. Sessions gives you the same info that you get from psloggedon.exe. Open files shows you who has what open.

True, but not who's logged on to the server. That's what we've needed. I've got one server that shows 60 people with open shares, and I know for a fact that over 200 people are logged on, and psloggedon show a whole lot more. Glen A. Johnson
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

[americanflag]

"Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up."
Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936); English writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back