Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

See phone number before dialing out on CM4/4610 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagnerm74

Technical User
Jun 20, 2016
US
I am running a Definity with CM4 and using 4610SW IP phones. Currently, when you press the FAC to access the ARS and dial outbound it immediately sends the digits to the switch. So as soon as you hit 9 it opens an outside line. The problem with this is my users now want to see the full number before dialing out to check for mistakes in dialing (basically like you do with a cell phone, dial the number then hit a button to send). Is there any way to get this to work on CM4? Ideally I would prefer to make it work on a per station basis but if the only option is global I would still like to check it out. In short, they want to dial 9-1-440-123-4567 (visually check it) then take the phone off-hook and it dials out (whether it's picking up the receiver, hitting the headset button the "Make Call" soft button).
Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not aware of the 4600 series supporting this. It is a feature in ~5.2+ and an SA/Green Feature in pre ~5.2 but only works on 96xx series phones.

is it not on hook dialing in "change sys feat" , but as randy states its im sure 96xx sets , worth a try though ...... or give the users a brain transplant and a fat to thin fingers transplant and tell them to be careful when dialing.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back