Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Warning in Access 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

achick

Programmer
May 23, 2007
US
I have an access database on a network share drive.
Multiple users access it.
We get a security warning when we try to open and when we trust and enable, it opens.

Is there a way to automatically add the location on the network as a trusted location so that each user does not have to add it manually?

If there are other ways to accomplish this, please let me know

Thanks

Depending on what you desire, you could just go to Access Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, and then select the radial "Never show information about blocked content".

Interesting idea PavelowFE, however, wouldn't the blocked content be blocked, and Access just not telling you about it?

I had assumed that the point was to unblock the blocked content so the database could continue to function.

"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid."
-Murphy's Military Laws

Thank you for the information.
I am not able to figure out how to add the shared network location path to ALL the users trusted locations.

How do users generally access access applications? Do they enable the content?
If thats what they need to be trained on, we will work on it, but trying to see if this can be done in easier way.

And does the security warning come for all applications that have VBA code in it? From the programming side, how can I make sure the security warning does not come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back