Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security: User and Group Accounts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

junket

Programmer
May 5, 2001
AU
I have only just started using Access 2002.
While investigating the User and Group Account information, I have inadvertantly removed the "Admin" default user from the Admins group. I have created a new user "Administrator" in the Admins group, but cannot figure out where to log in as this user. Access always defaults to "Admin" who is now only listed under the Users Group.

Until I can figure this out, I have no priveledges in the User and Group Accounts dialogue box. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Access but the information is still there. I have searched the Registry to no avail and searched the HD with a specific text search, but still no results.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Thanks Terry.

The command line option actually turned out to be /user Administrator, but your help got me on the right track.

Do you understand why Office XP (2002) default shortcuts have no information in their properties dialogues? It had be baffled.

Thanks again.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back